Join our friends at SAGE/Rhode Island for a two-part series of workshops that provide knowledge and best practice skills to improve the quality of care for LGBT older adults in Rhode Island. The first series consists of three workshops, each focused on a specific setting: hospitals, long term care or assisted living facilities and community-based agencies.
- Describe the culture, needs and concerns of LGBT older adults
- Discuss why LGBT older adults are least likely to access health and social services
- Identify best practices for creating an inclusive and welcoming environment
- Obtain educational tools and resources to better serve those who currently access or are in need of services
First Series Schedule
- November 13, 2019 – Hospital and Primary Care
- November 20, 2019 – Long Term Care & Assisted Living
- December 04, 2019 – Community-based Agencies
In April 2020, the second series will be about more in-depth topics and ways to improve practice skills.