December 14, 1-2PM EDT
Monitoring vaccine safety is a vital part of the nation’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. As COVID-19 vaccines become available, the public’s knowledge and confidence in their safety, both initially and during extended use, is an important part of a successful national vaccination effort. CDC remains committed to ensuring that public health officials, healthcare providers, and the public have accurate and timely information on the safety of COVID-19 vaccines.
During this COCA call, clinicians will learn how they can educate their patients on what to expect after COVID-19 vaccination. In addition, they will learn how they can play an important role in monitoring the safety of COVID-19 vaccines, including encouraging patients to enroll in v-safe and to use v-safe to report how they’re feeling. Clinicians also will learn how to report adverse events (possible side effects) to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS).
If you are unable to attend the live COCA Call, the recording will be available for viewing on the COCA Call webpage a few hours after the live event ends.
The slide set will be available under “Call Materials” on the COCA Call webpage. Continuing Education (CE) will not be offered for this COCA Call.
At the conclusion of the session, the participant will be able to accomplish the following—
- Cite background information on the topic covered during the presentation.
- Discuss CDC’s role in the topic covered during the presentation.
- Describe the topic’s implications for clinicians.
- Discuss concerns and/or issues related to preparedness for and/or response to urgent public health threats.
- Promote health improvement, wellness, and disease prevention in cooperation with patients, communities, at-risk populations, and other members of an interprofessional team of healthcare providers.
How to Join the Call
Advanced registration is not required.
- A few minutes before the webinar starts: Click on the Zoom link to join.
- Or iPhone one-tap: US: +16692545252,,1611264903# or +16468287666,,1611264903#
- Or Telephone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 669 254 5252 or +1 646 828 7666
- Webinar ID: 161 126 4903
- International numbers available: https://www.zoomgov.com/u/aegQx7b7up
For information about this call or other clinical issues, or to send your feedback, please contact the CDC at email@example.com.