Webinar on March 6, 2020 12:00-1:00pm
Please join the Rhode Island Geriatric Education Center and Healthcentric Advisors for an educational webinar for health professionals!
Care of adults older than 65 years is often provided within a primary care setting. However, many professionals in primary care report limited knowledge of unique and complex needs of this population. The goal of this activity is to improve the comfort level and confidence of primary care teams in more comprehensively assessing older adults for functional or cognitive impairment and how to identify frailty and impending serious illness. The session will focus on geriatric assessment as a tool to help primary care teams identify patients with additional needs.
- Describe the components of geriatric assessment
- Explain geriatric assessment tools, and how they can be applied in a primary care setting
- Identify geriatric assessment tools for patients who would benefit from additional evaluation
- Identify resources for patients and caregivers based on the results of a geriatric assessment
About our Presenters
- Ana Tuya Fulton, MD FCAP
Chief of Geriatrics, Care New England and Medical Director, Integra ACO; Associate Professor of Medicine (Clinical), Division of Geriatrics & Palliative Medicine and Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Human Behavior (Clinical) at Brown University
- Mary Beth Welesko, MS, APRN-CNP, FNP-BC, GNP-BC, ACHPN, WCC
Adult-Geriatric Nurse Practitioner in Complex Care Management Program
Care New England and Integra Care, Providence RI
- Nursing: This activity has been submitted to the North East Multi-State Division (NEMSD), an accredited approved by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation, for 1.0 contacts hours of continuing nursing education.
- Social Work: This activity has been submitted to the Continuing Education for Social Work for 1.0 contact hours by the Rhode Island College, School of Social Work.
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor: This continuing education activity was approved by the Rhode Island Mental Health Counselors Association (RIMHCA) for 1.0 CEU.
Questions? Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be logged in to post a comment.