Caring for Older Adults: The Impact of COVID-19
Project ECHO® is a free, practical, case-based tele-education series. This eight session-series ran from August to November 2020.
In this ECHO program, participants learned about:
- Care for older adults within primary care sites, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, and at home during COVID-19
- Peer support by caring for older adults while faced with the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Updated information on the COVID-19 vaccine
- The impact mental health has on health care providers
- Long Term Care for vulnerable groups, including LGBT adults
About Project ECHO
- Project ECHO Model™ utilizes a “hub and spoke” structure to expand the role of specialty care.
- “Hub” teams are providers with specialist knowledge within the chosen subject. “Spoke” sites connect to a corresponding hub to strengthen expertise.
- Sessions consist of brief didactic led by our specialist team while cases are presented by participating facilities.
- Check out our first Project ECHO®: Reducing Opioid use through Pain-Management Education (ROPE) to learn how Healthcentric Advisors is applying this model to other topics.