My Care, My Choice, My Voice. It's Never Too Early.
Have you spoken to your patients about advance care planning? You play an important role in helping your patients document their wishes.
Start the conversation today. Here are some suggested conversation starters:
- What happens if you cannot speak for yourself?
- Who will speak for you if you cannot?
- How would you choose to live and be cared for in the future?
- Have you ever written down your health care wishes?
- Do your family members or loved ones know your health care wishes?
- Rhode Island Department of Health:
- Rhode Island Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care form:
- Cultural Perspectives on Death
- End of Life Issues: The Catholic Perspective:
- My Care, My Choice, My Voice:
- Prepare for Your Care:
- The Conversation Project
- American Bar Association Consumer Toolkit for Advance Care Planning
- Massachusetts Medical Society: End-of-Life Care Course Series (Online CMEs)
Health Care Proxy & Forms
- Health Care Proxies and End of Life Care
- Health Care Proxy Instructions & Document in 9 languages
- Getting Started Tool Kit
Support & Information
POLST & Advance Directives
- Legal Services for the Elderly: Advance Directives Forms
- Everplans Maine Advance Directive
- Maine Hospice Council & Center for End-of-Life Care: Advanced Health Care Planning Resources
- Maine Hospice Council & Center for End-of-Life Care: Hospice and End-of-Life Care Resources