Date & Time: September 17, 2019 at 4:30-6:00 PM
Signed into law in October 2018, the Substance Use-Disorder Prevention that Promotes Opioid Recovery and Treatment for Patients and Communities Act (SUPPORT ACT) outlines national strategies to help address opioid misuse. As part of Section 6065 of the SUPPORT Act, CMS is required to notify opioid prescribers with prescription patterns identified as “outliers” compared to their peers and encourage them to reference established opioid prescribing guidelines. CMS wants your input on how best to implement this provision of the SUPPORT Act.
Your feedback during this listening session will inform the CMS approach on the following topics:
- Methodology to establish outlier prescriber thresholds
- Tone and content of feedback reports to clinicians
- How to best identify a “medical specialty” from the National Provider Identifier framework
- How to define geographic areas for analysis
- Recommendations on opioid prescribing guidelines to include with the notification
Why it matters?
In September, we celebrate National Recovery Month to increase awareness and celebrate successes of those in recovery. Join the voices for recovery. Together, we are stronger. Sponsored by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).