Patient safety is a cornerstone of the work we do at Healthcentric Advisors. Which is why we’re honored to receive the 2018 Rising Tide Award for our patient safety work in Maine from the Muskie School of Public Service at the University of Southern Maine.
This award is truly a reflection of the work that we do in both Maine and in all of New England. Healthcentric Advisors is fortunate to be the prime Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organization (QIN-QIO) for the region, allowing us to be at the forefront of quality improvement in health care.John Keimig, Healthcentric Advisors, President & CEO
From left to right: Amy Bennett, Danielle Hersey, John Keimig, Amanda Gagnon, and Ann Marie Day
Photo Credit: Angie Bordeaux, Cutler Institute, USM
From our perspective health care improvement is about integrating ground level and systems changes. On a micro level we seek to empower people and their families to fully engage in wellness—and on a macro level we support systems change across the health care continuum.
We’re particularly proud that the Rising Tide award acknowledges the range of work we do at Healthcentric Advisors, including:
- Supporting a small northern Maine community initiative to get two-weeks’ worth of meals to discharged patients grappling with food insecurity;
- Implementing small and large systems: from getting a small community Aging-in-Place initiative off the ground by redesigning their data collection tools, to working with a health care system to improve outpatient palliative care discussions;
- Offering a collaborative community for sharing of best practice resources in Maine and across New England.
- Educating and empowering Medicare beneficiaries and their families through medication safety awareness campaigns and offering Diabetes Self-Management classes.
- Providing one-on-one technical assistance to any Maine practice on the Quality Payment Program, Everyone with Diabetes Counts program, and Million Hearts® initiative.
Healthcentric Advisors is a national health care quality improvement authority. With over 20 years of experience, we provide data analysis, education, and communication across the health care spectrum in Maine and throughout New England. Our Maine-based team offers deep knowledge of quality improvement programs including proven experience implementing patient safety initiatives.
The Maine Patient Safety Academy grew out of an initiative by Maine’s critical access hospitals to build an infrastructure that supports patient safety and quality improvement activities. Over the course of the last nine years, the Academy has provided both practical and cutting-edge educational experiences for an interdisciplinary audience of healthcare providers, pharmacists, quality and patient safety leaders, students, and consumer advocates.
For media inquiries contact Susan Rohwer by phone (401-528-3248) or email (srohwer@HealthcentricAdvisors.org).
About Healthcentric Advisors
Healthcentric Advisors is a non-profit health care quality improvement agency providing consulting, research and education services. Located in Providence, RI with offices in Woburn, MA and Brunswick, ME and a staff of approximately 70 physicians, nurses, educators, analysts and other professionals, Healthcentric Advisors is a sought-after partner to national and local government agencies, foundations, insurers, health care providers, stakeholders and educational institutions on health care quality improvement initiatives.