As cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to spread, we are working with national and local agencies to ensure you receive the most up-to-date guidance.
CMS Announces Actions Address Spread of Coronavirus by calling on all health care providers to activate infection control practices and issues guidance to inspectors as they inspect facilities affected by Coronavirus.
Information from your local health department
RI EOHHS has promulgated several emergency amendments to the RI Medicaid regulations to ensure that during the COVID-19 emergency, Medicaid members continue to receive medically necessary, Medicaid-covered services while minimizing exposure to the virus. These amendments will be in effect temporarily. The amendments include:
- Delay post eligibility verification
- Delay adverse actions on our members eligibility if someone experiences a change in eligibility
- Extend the time for 12-month reviews of person-centered plans
- Extend level of care authorizations
- Modify level of care determination assessment procedures
- Limit NEMT to only those appointments that are critical to the member’s health, if needed given staffing shortages
View the EOHHS State regulations. The specific regulations temporarily amended are: