Quality Improvement Program Coordinator: Physician Office/QPP-SURS in our Providence, RI office
Supports physician office setting projects and tasks specific to our federally funded Quality Payment Program/Small Under-served Rural contract
Healthcentric Advisors is a non-profit consulting, research, education, analytical, and project management organization specializing in healthcare quality improvement and patient safety. In addition to serving as the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) contractor for New England, Healthcentric Advisors is engaged by national and local government agencies, foundations, educational institutions, healthcare providers, research organizations and other private and community entities.
We are seeking an individual with the following skills:
- Self-directed, flexible, and ability to coordinate multiple programs
- Excellent phone and remote communication skills
- Results oriented strategic thinker
- Ability to interact with multi-disciplinary stakeholders
- Effective communicator (both written and face to face)
- Collaborative team player
This position will support physician office setting projects and tasks specific to our federally funded Quality Payment Program/Small Under-served Rural (QPP/SURS) contract which focuses on providing support to practices in the implementation of Advanced Payment Models (APMS) or Merit-based Incentive Payment Systems (MIPS).
The Program Coordinator will be a member of our QPP/SURS team, reporting to the Program Administrator overseeing the QPP/SURS project. This individual will work with providers, vendors, and other partners across Rhode Island to ensure all eligible providers have access to APMS/MIPS education and are prepared for the upcoming payment reform.
Local travel is required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide telephonic and remote support to assist providers, as they transition to MACRA/MIPS.
Coordinate and lead tasks, ensuring the day-to-day assignments are completed.
- Organize and facilitate meetings, including the creation of agendas and preparation of materials, and program collateral.
- Focus on dissemination of MACRA/MIPS marketing and education.
- Serve as a resource for both internal and external partners.
- Develop reports and other deliverables.
- Prepare and provide presentations.
- Represent Healthcentric Advisors with all applicable external clients.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in education or health care related field is required. A master’s degree is preferred.
- One to three years’ health care experience is required.
- Experience with health care quality improvement is required.
- Experience working with quality metrics for the physician office care setting is required.
- Understanding of value-based payment models is preferred.